Last Updated: April 21, 2020
Renegade, Inc. ("us", "we", or "our" operates the www.renegadeinsurance.com website (the "Service"). The “Service” collectively includes the website at www.renegadeinsurance.com (the “Website”), and all associated websites linked to www.renegadeinsurance.com by Renegade, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, disclosure, and storage of personal data (also referred to as “personal information”) when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website
- In email, text, online forms, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
- Data we collect from online platforms with our official presence (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google)
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means;
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the Website (not mentioned above).
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect several types of information from users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the type of insurance you are looking to purchase, client testimonials, and any additional non-personal information you may provide in applying to become a Renegade Producer or Agent or for a career at Renegade; and/or
- about your internet connection, your location, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
This information is collected in three ways:
(1) directly from you when you provide it to us;
(2) automatically as you navigate through the site (e.g. usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies); and
(3) from third parties, for example, our business partners.
This information may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided when requesting an insurance quote, requesting information about an insurance policy, applying for a career at Renegade, or applying to become a Renegade insurance Producer or Agent.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use technologies to collect:
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Certain statistical information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on either Website.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways. This helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see section below titled Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18.
If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on our Service or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or interests.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Use of Data
Renegade, Inc. uses the information collected about you or provided by you for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
-To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
-To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
-To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it or with your consent.
-To comply with any legal obligation such as court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Renegade’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Renegade’s about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Renegade, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
-To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service.
-To protect against legal liability.
Disclosure is done in the good faith belief that such action is strictly necessary.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. All information is encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted via our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com to request to correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We reserve the right to refuse a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.